Charter School Membership
Charter School Membership opens the door to information, products and services that increase academic and operational success while saving your school time and money. CCSA leverages every membership dollar more than 10:1; becoming a member is the best $5 per student you will ever spend.
As a School Member, you also help the entire charter school movement because the backing of nearly 600 California charter school members strengthens our advocacy work in the legislature, courts, and the executive branch. With you, our voice will be louder, our power will be greater, and our children will get the quality education they rightfully deserve.
Access to dedicated local advocate who is knowledgeable of the players, policies and practices of your local authorizing district:
- Every member school is assigned a Regional Director who helps members work with authorizers, prepare for renewal, and network with other charter leaders
- Advocacy on behalf of the Movement at the state and federal levels around critical issues facing California charter schools
- Up-to-the-minute legislative news affecting charter schools and call-to-action updates through Capitol Update, a weekly eNewsletter
- Take action and stay informed through CCSA's Political Action Center
Perks for Your Wallet
- Preferred rates for workers' compensation and liability insurance services
- Health insurance programs designed specifically for charter schools
- Free workshops/webinars and significant discounts on the annual California Charter Schools Conference
- Low-interest loans
- Negotiated discounts on day-to-day supplies and services (e.g., up to 85% off classroom supplies from Staples)
Access to premier programs, products and services to remove resource roadblocks and allow you to focus on student performance, including the following:
- Mentoring and Professional Development offerings
- ZOOM! Data Source, which allows use of real-time achievement data to enhance student progress
- Complimentary online job board allows you to attract the best and brightest candidates
- Marketing resources to advance your local advocacy and communications efforts
- Technical assistance via an online resource library that contains reference materials, sample documents, hundreds of FAQs and information on topics ranging from board and governance to facilities and finance
- Updates on funding opportunities, upcoming events, important deadlines, and more, delivered to you each week through the CCSA Member Digest eNewsletter
- Exclusive members-only content, including presentations, pictures and video, on CCSA's interactive website
- The monthly California Charter Advocate, with in-depth features on key advocacy efforts and initiatives, and school best practices and awards.
CCSA is serious about ensuring that the movement creates significantly better learning opportunities than are available within the traditional public school system for our students. To that end, CCSA is taking a lead role in assessing charter school quality and ensuring appropriate accountability within the movement by establishing clear and transparent academic performance expectations for charter schools. In that role, CCSA staff may conduct confidential site visits and research on individual school academic performance, and will create and implement tools to help schools, the charter school community and the public assess school performance data.
One tool we use to help our member charter schools fulfill their promise is the Academic Accountability Report Card. The Report Card lets your school know where it falls in CCSA's framework of Status, Growth and SSM and provides fair warning to your school if is at risk of falling below CCSA's established minimum criteria for renewal. School leaders are encouraged to share their results with their staff, parents and key stakeholders, and customize their Report Card as they see fit by adding relevant context about their school program or additional evidence of student learning. CCSA will make Report Cards available each fall, following the release of API growth data, both to the member school directly and available to the public on CCSA's website.
Click here for more information on CCSA's Accountability Strategy. By becoming a CCSA member, your school commits to do its part to ensure academic accountability.
- View a fact sheet on CCSA's comprehensive portfolio of programs and services
- Manage your membership or join us today
Questions about membership? Email the CCSA Membership team.
CCSA Billing: School member terms are on a calendar basis (January 1 - December 31).
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need:
From Our Blog
January 8, 2015
If your school is currently receiving services from a great service provider, CCSA would like to hear from you! If you...
October 1, 2014
Registration is Open for the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) Convention & Expo, April 8-11, 2015 in San Diego
The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) invites all charter leaders and special education teachers and administrators to attend the CEC 2015...