Charter Developer Membership
A core part of the California Charter Schools Association's mission is to support the expansion of high-quality, autonomous charter public schools. Great schools require great leaders, which is why we offer a low-cost Charter Developer Membership to individuals interested in starting charter schools.
Through our Charter Developer Membership, CCSA provides individualized support throughout every phase of the process, from writing your charter petition through authorizer approval. We offer technical assistance, workshops, web resources and templates and our regional team members also offer guidance and advocacy support specific to your geographic area. With CCSA's direct assistance, Developer Members get a leg up in developing a strong and fully-compliant petition with a higher likelihood of being approved by local authorizers and starting strong. We are the only organization in the state offering this level of support to new charter school developers.
- Watch a short video on CCSA resources for school developers
- Take a sneak peek at the type of resources CCSA provides to help developers launch an effective charter school
- Download a membership application
CCSA's annual Charter Developer Membership provides motivated teams the tools to succeed. The membership includes
- Knowledge Briefs on a Wide Variety of Key Topics
- Sample Documents, Including Charter Petitions
- Sample Templates
- Timely Communications, Publications and Legislative Updates
- District Charter Petition Review Rubrics (where available)
- Member Discounts and Networking Opportunities
- Help Desk Support
- Access to ZOOM! Data Source Data Institutes
Development Support and Technical Assistance:
- Direct Support from School Development Staff at the Both the State and Local Level
- Online Trainings
- Connection to Expert Consultants
- Workshops on Petition Element Content Writing
- Draft Petition Review and Feedback
Preparation for Petition Submission:
- Petition Review Rubrics and Tools
- Authorizer Relations Materials and Strategies
- Eligibility for Petition Review, Authorizer Support Meetings and Advocacy Support
- Individual Authorizing Strategy Coaching
By becoming a CCSA member, your school commits to do its part to ensure academic accountability. Click here to learn more.
- View a fact sheet on CCSA's comprehensive portfolio of programs and services
- Join and apply for membership now!
- Already a member? Renew today
Still have questions? Email the CCSA Membership team.
CCSA Billing: Developer Membership is a one-year term, but unlike the other programs it operates on a rolling basis and terms are renewed on the anniversary date of when a group joins CCSA.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need:
From Our Blog
October 1, 2014
Registration is Open for the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) Convention & Expo, April 8-11, 2015 in San Diego
The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) invites all charter leaders and special education teachers and administrators to attend the CEC 2015...
September 25, 2014
The Classical Academies Charter Schools Demonstrates Hybrid Models Can be Successful for Serving All Students Including Students with Special Needs
Special Education is a field that is wide open to embracing the many autonomy that the charter movement offers. As a...