Celebrate National Charter Schools Week 2014 with CCSA
April 16, 2014
Every year, National Charter Schools Week gives us an opportunity to raise awareness about our charter schools and the charter school movement. Whether it's highlighting the growth of our community, the amazing academic successes of our students, or the strong parental demand for more schools, we have a lot to share.
The success of National Charter Schools Week and growth of high-quality charter schools will take a network of students, parents, teachers, administrators and other charter advocates. You can help.
Support National Charter Schools Week
- Join us for Advocacy Day 2014 on Wednesday, May 7 in Sacramento. Register now!
- Invite local elected ofﬁcials to visit your charter school, or host a roundtable at your school for elected ofﬁcials with parents, teachers, students, and school leaders.
- Encourage your contacts to send letters to their representatives urging their continued support for charter schools.
- Write an op-ed or letter to the editor on the wait list numbers in your state or at your school.
- Write and distribute a press release on the wait list numbers at your school, in California or nationally.
Spread the Word
- Social Media: I Stand with Charter Schools Badge
- National Charter School Week Logo
- Promote your school on social media using the hashtag #CharterSchoolsWeek.
- Like us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter and Instagram so we can help share your stories!
In addition to the two graphics above, CCSA and the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools have developed several more downloadable tools to support your efforts to spread the word.
- Communications & Community Outreach tools
- 2013-14 California New Charter Schools Fact Sheet
- Additional California & Regional Charter Schools Fact Sheets
- Press release template
- Draft letter to member of Congress and/or representative
- Full 2014 Toolkit
California Charter Schools By the Numbers
- 104: Number of new charter schools opening in 2013-14 school year.
- 1,130: Total number of charter schools existing in California.
- California: State continuing to have highest number of charter schools of any state in the country.
- 10%: Estimated percentage by which charter school student enrollment grew in 2013-14.
- 49,179: Estimated number of new charter students in 2013-14.
- 519,000: Estimated number of students attending charters statewide.
- Los Angeles: Region with highest growth in charter schools.
- 45: Number of charters opening in Los Angeles region.
- San Diego: Region with second highest growth in CA.
- 27: Number of charters opening in San Diego region.
- 50,000: Estimated number of students currently on charter school waiting lists in CA.
Press ContactIf you are a member of the news media, please contact Emily Galbreth at: (412) 559-8571 or email@example.com.
Also on: Facebook
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: