Got a question? Ask the Knowledge Management Team!
June 26, 2012CCSA membership includes access to the Knowledge Management Team and the many services we provide to help you increase academic and operational success while saving your school time and money.
"Our job is to provide member schools with rapid, accurate information," explained Alice Miller, director, Knowledge Management. "We provide answers to questions, issues, and concerns spanning a complete range of charter school topics, and offer direct support for highly targeted compliance issues on a consultation basis."
Members, email email@example.com and CCSA's Knowledge Management Team, comprised of Miller and Technical Assistance Manager Carlyn Obringer, will point you to the resources you need or answer your inquiry within a 24-hour turnaround.
The Knowledge Management Team offers in-person and online webinars on a wide range of topics throughout the year. Free to members and open to anyone on your school's staff or governing board, these workshop offerings include:
- Quarterly Business Managers meetings providing updated information on budget and financial issues, and regulatory and legislative issues,
- Financial and governance training required for Public Charter Schools Grant Program work plans,
- Funding and Budget Review workshops designed to assist school developers with their petition development,
- Annual Finance and Governance Academies in partnership with our legal and business vendor members, and
- A wide variety of other topics which vary every semester
"We know school leaders are very busy people who aren't always able to make it to our in-person and online workshops, so we also have a wealth of online resources," said Miller. "We host the materials on the CCSA website so they're always available to members."
The online resource library compiled by the Knowledge Management Team includes hundreds of reference materials, templates and sample documents related to:
- Admissions & Enrollment
- Board & Governance
- Charter Renewal & Closure
- Communications & Community Outreach
- Financial Management
- HR & Employment
- Independent Study
- Special Education
- Student & Parent Policies
Constantly updated, these resources are made available to member schools so they don't have to reinvent the wheel and can learn from the best practices of other charter schools. The Knowledge Management Team has also compiled a list of grants to help schools find extra dollars in these tough economic times. New web resources, upcoming workshops, grants and key financial and reporting deadlines are highlighted in CCSA's Weekly Member Digest, delivered to your inbox each Monday. The Digest also includes answers to members' Frequently Asked Questions.
Members, contact the Knowledge Management Team today at firstname.lastname@example.org for just-in-time advice/guidance on the most pressing issues facing charters- budget, operations, governance, and more!