February 2, 2012: The Board Member Best Practices Summit is a special one-day program for school leaders and governance board members held during the 19th Annual California Charter Schools Conference. Join us at the Sacramento Convention Center on Tuesday, February 28, from 10:45 a.m. - 5:15 p.m., for:
- Opening Session: The Worst School Board Meeting Ever, 10:45 a.m.
- Confessions of a Recovering School Leader: How to Survive School Leadership, 4 p.m.. Presented by Brian Carpenter, Carpenter & Associates, LLC
- Finding, Recruiting and Retaining Outstanding Board Members, Presented by Marci Cornell-Feist, The High Bar, 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Board Member: Your Fiscal Responsibility, 2 p.m. & 3 p.m.
- Complying with California Conflict of Interest Laws. 1 p.m. & 2 p.m.
- Board Agendas: Form, Function and Quality, 3 p.m.
- Building a Charter School Dashboard Report for Results-Based Management, 1 p.m. & 2 p.m.
- Governance & Accountability: Best Practices and Tools to Stay on Track, 1 p.m. & 4 p.m.
- Comprehensive Brown Act Training for Boards and Staff, 3 p.m. & 4 p.m.
There are a number of registration options for charter school board members.
Option 1: Just attend the summit
Before Jan. 20: $200
Before Feb 21: $225
After Feb 22: $250
Option 2: Attend the whole conference
Standard Full Conference Member Registration: Before Jan 20: $450
A $75 per person discount is available on full conference registration if board members register by Jan. 20. The discount will be automatically applied when you identify yourself as board member.
Note: Times and dates of sessions are subject to change. Please check the printed program you receive at registration or visit www.charterconference.org at the time of the event.
The 19th Annual California Charter Schools Conference will be held at the Sacramento Convention Center in Sacramento, CA, February 27-March 1, 2012. Get details on these, and all of the conference's excellent sessions, at www.charterconference.org.